HVAC Residential Sr. Designer
DPIS Builder Services is looking to add additional talent to our amazing team of designers and engineers. We provide a competitive compensation and benefit package as well as a healthy environment for our employees to thrive in.
The HVAC Residential Senior Designer develops comprehensive plans and drawings for residential mechanical systems using architectural drawings. This is not an entry-level position. We are seeking a qualified designer that will be able to adapt quickly and "hit the ground running," producing drawings for clients with limited supervision. This position will work closely with design teams, including managers, engineers, and designers while assisting or leading the development of design deliverables. Position involves interaction and coordination with architects and builders. Excellent time management and project prioritization is required.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in the following areas:
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) practices (preferably in the residential industry using ACCA Manual J models).
- Duct layouts using Wrightsoft Manual J software.
- Knowledge in all disciplines of the HVAC and/or Manufacturing industry.
- Design of control and power systems that are part of a total mechanical system or manufactured unit.
- Design of any type of cooling or heating system such as refrigerant piping, water piping and ductwork is a plus.
- Identify design discrepancies and communicate the design changes required to the builder and architect.
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor or VP Engineering
- Professional Engineering License or ability to obtain is a plus
If you believe you are an excellent fit for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com and join our dynamic team today!